Riverview Home (Sleeps 1–10)
The Riverview Home is on an elevated natural site overlooking the Mokihinui River and Buller Bay coastline with a picturesque backdrop of subtropical native forest. The house offers a well equipped kitchen with a large central living area, comfortably furnished. A wood-burning fireplace adds to the warm atmosphere. The beach and river can be reached by foot within five minutes. When used in conjunction with the nearby Rata Lodge it is an ideal venue for group gatherings such as family occasions, corporate retreats, weddings etc.
Beds: 4 Bedrooms, 2 Queens, 4 Singles, 1 Queen fold out sofa.
Linen: Duvets, pillows and some blankets are supplied. Sheets, towels and pillowcases can be hired at $20/bed/stay.
Kitchen: Fridge/freezer, electric stove top/oven, microwave, toaster, electric jug, coffee plunger, pots, cutlery and crockery
Bathrooms: 1 bathroom with shower and toilet; 1 seperate shower; 1 seperate toilet.
Availability: All year round.
- All NZ Statutory Holiday Periods and Nelson/Buller Anniversary Weekend, Canterbury Anniversary Weekend, Buller Marathon Weekend, Old Ghost Road Ultra Marathon Weekend are set at Peak Rates (same as December 20th – January 11th)
- $35 per additional adult per night
- Children < 2 years and under FREE, Children 3-16 years $20/night
- Cleaning fee of $60/booking applies – please note, guests are expected to leave the accommodation tidy, (dishes done etc).
2023 September 1st – September 21st – $170/night for the first two adults
2023 September School Holidays September 22nd – October 8th – $245/night for the first two adults
2023 October 9th – October 31st – $188/night for the first two adults
2023 November 1st – December 19th – $155/night for the first two adults
2023/2024 December 20th – January 11th – $245/night for the first two adults
2024 January 12th – April 11th – $200/night for the first two adults
2024 April School Holidays April 12th – April 28th – $245/night for the first two adults
2024 April 29th – July 4th – $205/night for the first two adults
2024 July School Holidays July 5th – July 21st $205/night for the first two adults
2024 July 22nd – August 31st – $170/night for the first two adults
2024 September 1st – September 26th – $190/night for the first two adults
2024 September School Holidays September 27th – October 13th – $270/night for the first two adults
2024 October 14th – October 31st – $205/night for the first two adults
2024 November 1st – December 19th – $170/night for the first two adults
2024/2025 December 20th – January 11th – $270/night for the first two adults
2025 January 12th – April 11th $220/night for the first two adults
2025 April School Holidays April 12th – April 27th – $270/night for the first two adults
2025 April 28th – June 26th – $205/night for the first two adults
- Free wireless internet at the Cowshed
- Washing machine
- Sunset deck
- Dogs allowed inside, please bring their own bedding. Please ensure they stay out of the bedrooms, off the couches, and keep in mind our local Weka population and other protected birdlife. There is a one-off charge of $20/stay to have your dog(s) stay inside with you.
- Pillows and quilts are supplied. Other linen (sheets, pillowcases and towels) available for hire on request ($20 per bed per stay).