Rata Lodge (Sleeps 1–27)
The Rata Lodge is situated on an elevated site overlooking the tidal estuary and river meeting the Tasman Sea. The decks off each bedroom offers a great site to watch the famous West Coast sunsets and twilights. The spacious, equipped, shared kitchen and dining room with stone open fireplace, face a backdrop of native forest clad hillside.
Beds: 3 Rooms. 3 Queen and 3 Single handcrafted bunk-style with foam mattresses over slats in each room.
Linen: Pillows but no bedding nor towels supplied.
Kitchen: Gas hobs, microwave, fridge/freezers, toasters, electric jugs, pots, cutlery and crockery.
Bathroom: 2 bathrooms with showers and toilets
Availability: All Year round.
- All NZ Statutory Holiday Periods and Nelson/Buller Anniversary Weekend, Canterbury Anniversary Weekend, Buller Marathon Weekend, Old Ghost Road Ultra Marathon Weekend are set at Peak Rates (same as December 20th – January 11th)
December 20th – January 11th (Peak Rates) $180/night for the first two adults
January 12th – April 16th $140/night for the first two adults
April School Holidays April 17th – May 2nd $140/night for the first two adults
May 3rd – May 31st $140/night for the first two adults
June 1st – July 2nd $110/night for the first two adults
July School Holidays July 3rd – July 19th $140/night for the first two adults
July 20th – August 31st $110/night for the first two adults
September 1st – September 26th $125/night for the first two adults
October School Holidays September 27th – October 11th $140/night for the first two adults
October 12th – 31st October – $140/night for the first two adults
November 1st – December 19th – $125/night for the first two adults
- $30 per additional adult per night
- Children < 2 years FREE,Children 3-16 years $15/night
- Cleaning fee of $60/booking applies
- Special rates can be negotiated for school groups or similar
- Wood burner
- Free wireless internet at the Cowshed
- Pillows are supplied.