Rata Lodge (Sleeps 1–27)
The Rata Lodge is situated on an elevated site overlooking the tidal estuary and river meeting the Tasman Sea. The decks off of each bedroom offers a great site to watch the famous West Coast sunsets and twilights. The spacious, equipped, open-plan kitchen, living and dining room with wood-burning fireplace, face a backdrop of native forest clad hillside.
Beds: 3 Rooms. 3 Queen and 3 Single handcrafted bunk-style with foam mattresses over slats in each room.
Linen: Pillows, mattress protectors, duvets and duvet covers provided. Linen hire available at $20/bed/stay for sheets, towels and pillowcases, or you can bring your own.
Kitchen: Gas hobs, oven, microwave, fridge/freezers, toasters, electric jugs, pots, cutlery and crockery, and a washing machine.
Lounge: Television with DVD player
Availability: All Year round.
Bathroom: 2 bathrooms with showers and toilets
- All NZ Statutory Holiday Periods and Nelson/Buller Anniversary Weekend, Canterbury Anniversary Weekend, Buller Marathon Weekend, Old Ghost Road Ultra Marathon Weekend are set at Peak Rates (same as December 20th – January 11th)
December 20th – January 11th (Peak Rates) $200/night for the first two adults
January 12th – April 13th $160/night for the first two adults
April School Holidays April 14th – May 1st $200/night for the first two adults
May 2nd – May 31st $160/night for the first two adults
June 1st – July 8th $130/night for the first two adults
July School Holidays July 9th – July 24th $160/night for the first two adults
July 25th – August 31st $130/night for the first two adults
September 1st – October 1st $145/night for the first two adults
October School Holidays October 2nd – October 17th $200/night for the first two adults
October 18th – 31st October – $160/night for the first two adults
November 1st – December 19th – $145/night for the first two adults
- $30 per additional adult per night
- Children < 2 years FREE,Children 3-16 years $15/night
- Cleaning fee of $60/booking applies
- Special rates can be negotiated for school groups or similar
- Wood burner
- Clothesline and washing machine
- Free wireless internet at the Cowshed
- Pillows are supplied, as well as duvets and duvet covers and mattress protectors.