Rimu House (Sleeps 1–9)
The Rimu House, named after the beautiful wood it is made of, is a very comfortable home with a view. A fully equipped kitchen, and open plan style living room opens out onto a large deck putting you amongst the surrounding native virgin forest and offers spectacular views of the Tasman Sea, which is a stones throw away. A perfect spot to watch the local Hector dolphins which are often seen playing in the waves.
Beds: 4 bedrooms, 3 queens, 3 singles (one of the queen bedrooms is in a loft-space, accessed through one of the bathrooms)
Linen: Duvets, pillows and some blankets are supplied. Sheets, towels and pillowcases can be hired for $20/bed/stay.
Kitchen: Fridge/freezer, gas hobs, oven, microwave, toaster, electric jug, coffee plunger, pots, cutlery and crockery
Bathroom: 1 bathroom with bath, shower and toilet; 1 seperate toilet; 1 seperate shower.
Availability: All year round.
- All NZ Statutory Holiday Periods and Nelson/Buller Anniversary Weekend, Canterbury Anniversary Weekend, Buller Marathon Weekend, Old Ghost Road Ultra Marathon Weekend are set at Peak Rates (same as December 20th – January 11th)
- $35 per additional adult per night
- Children < 2 years and under FREE, Children 3-16 years $20/night
- Cleaning fee of $60/booking applies – please note, guests are expected to leave the accommodation tidy, (dishes done etc).
2023 September 1st – September 21st – $210/night for the first two adults
2023 September School Holidays September 22nd – October 8th – $265/night for the first two adults
2023 October 9th – October 31st – $245/night for the first two adults
2023 November 1st – December 19th – $190/night for the first two adults
2023/2024 December 20th – January 11th – $265/night for the first two adults
2024 January 12th – April 11th – $245/night for the first two adults
2024 April School Holidays April 12th – April 28th – $265/night for the first two adults
2024 April 29th – July 4th – $245/night for the first two adults
2024 July School Holidays July 5th – July 21st $245/night for the first two adults
2024 July 22nd – August 31st – $190/night for the first two adults
2024 September 1st – September 26th – $230/night for the first two adults
2024 September School Holidays September 27th – October 13th – $290/night for the first two adults
2024 October 14th – October 31st – $270/night for the first two adults
2024 November 1st – December 19th – $210/night for the first two adults
2024/2025 December 20th – January 11th – $290/night for the first two adults
2025 January 12th – April 11th $270/night for the first two adults
2025 April School Holidays April 12th – April 27th – $290/night for the first two adults
2025 April 28th – June 26th – $270/night for the first two adults
- Free wireless internet at the Cowshed
- Washing machine
- TV/Stereo/DVD player
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Picnic table
- Gas BBQ
- Sunset deck with dining table
- Dogs allowed inside, please bring their own bedding. Please ensure they stay out of the bedrooms, off the couches, and keep in mind our local Weka population and other protected birdlife. There is a one-off charge of $20/stay to have your dog(s) stay inside with you.
- Pillows and quilts are supplied. Other linen (sheets, pillowcases and towels) available for hire on request ($20 per bed per stay).