Rimu House (Sleeps 1–9)
The Rimu House, named after the beautiful wood it is made of, is a very comfortable home with a view. A fully equipped kitchen, and open plan style living room opens out onto a large deck putting you amongst the surrounding native virgin forest and offers spectacular views of the Tasman Sea, which is a stones throw away. A perfect spot to watch the local Hector dolphins which are often seen playing in the waves.
Beds: 4 bedrooms, 3 queens, 3 singles (one of the queen bedrooms is in a loft-space, accessed through one of the bathrooms)
Linen: Duvets, pillows and some blankets are supplied. Sheets, towels and pillowcases can be hired for $20/bed/stay.
Kitchen: Fridge/freezer, gas hobs, oven, microwave, toaster, electric jug, coffee plunger, pots, cutlery and crockery
Bathroom: 1 bathroom with bath, shower and toilet; 1 seperate toilet; 1 seperate shower.
Availability: All year round.
Winter Tariff: $140/night first two adults
1 May to 31 August
Mid Season Tariff: $160/night first two adults
1 September to 20 December
Summer Tariff: $180/night first two adults
12 January to 30 April
Peak Season Tariff: $200/night for the first two adults
21 December to 11 January
- $30 per additional adult per night
- Children < 2 years FREE, Children 3-10years $10/night, Children 11-16years $15/night
- Easter and Buller Marathon = Peak Season tariff
- Other stat holidays and Canterbury Anniversary Weekend = Summer Season tariff
- Long stays negotiable during off-peak periods
- One-night stay surcharge may apply (enquire)
- Free wireless internet at the Cowshed
- Washing machine
- TV/Stereo/DVD player
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Picnic table
- Gas BBQ
- Sunset deck with dining table
- Dogs allowed inside, please bring their own bedding. Please ensure they stay out of the bedrooms, off the couches, and keep in mind our local Weka population and other protected birdlife. There is a one-off charge of $20/stay to have your dog(s) stay inside with you.
- Pillows and quilts are supplied. Other linen (sheets, pillowcases and towels) available for hire on request ($20 per bed per stay).