Rimu House (Sleeps 1–9)
The Rimu House, named after the beautiful wood it is made of, is a very comfortable home with a view. A fully equipped kitchen, and open plan style living room opens out onto a large deck putting you amongst the surrounding native virgin forest and offers spectacular views of the Tasman Sea, which is a stones throw away. A perfect spot to watch the local Hector dolphins which are often seen playing in the waves.
Beds: 4 bedrooms, 3 queens, 3 singles (one of the queen bedrooms is in a loft-space, accessed through one of the bathrooms)
Linen: Duvets, pillows and some blankets are supplied. Sheets, towels and pillowcases can be hired for $20/bed/stay.
Kitchen: Fridge/freezer, gas hobs, oven, microwave, toaster, electric jug, coffee plunger, pots, cutlery and crockery
Bathroom: 1 bathroom with bath, shower and toilet; 1 seperate toilet; 1 seperate shower.
Availability: All year round.
- All NZ Statutory Holiday Periods and Nelson/Buller Anniversary Weekend, Canterbury Anniversary Weekend, Buller Marathon Weekend, Old Ghost Road Ultra Marathon Weekend are set at Peak Rates (same as December 20th – January 11th)
December 20th – January 11th (Peak Rates) $240/night for the first two adults
January 12th – April 13th $220/night for the first two adults
April School Holidays April 15th – May 1st $240/night for the first two adults
May 2nd – May 31st $220/night for the first two adults
June 1st – July 8th $160/night for the first two adults
July School Holidays July 9th – July 24th $220/night for the first two adults
July 25th – August 31st $160/night for the first two adults
September 1st – October 1st $190/night for the first two adults
October School Holidays October 2nd – October 17th $240/night for the first two adults
October 18th – 31st October – $220/night for the first two adults
November 1st – December 19th – $190/night for the first two adults
- $30 per additional adult per night
- Children < 2 years FREE,Children 3-16 years $15/night
- Cleaning fee of $60/booking applies
- Free wireless internet at the Cowshed
- Washing machine
- TV/Stereo/DVD player
- Wood-burning fireplace
- Picnic table
- Gas BBQ
- Sunset deck with dining table
- Dogs allowed inside, please bring their own bedding. Please ensure they stay out of the bedrooms, off the couches, and keep in mind our local Weka population and other protected birdlife. There is a one-off charge of $20/stay to have your dog(s) stay inside with you.
- Pillows and quilts are supplied. Other linen (sheets, pillowcases and towels) available for hire on request ($20 per bed per stay).